What is Halloween? Here are our thoughts.......
(click to enlarge)
A note from Mrs. Lee:
There are a number of educational apps available for a small fee or free that you may have downloaded on your iPad. When you select apps, consider those that teach or practice curriculum and skill, are interactive, provide immediate feedback, and possibly with multiple users.
Here are a few top picks from my collection:
- Bob Books Reading Magic Lite - Reading with this phonics-based intereactive game
- Toontastic - Create Cartoons
- Futaba - game for 2-4 players
- Tuesday, October 30th - Book Share due. Each keiki needs to bring a book s/he enjoyed recently to share with the class. S/he will read the title and author of the book. S/he will show an illustration and explain why it was their favorite part of the book. Please email me whether your child plans to share on Monday, October 29th or Tuesday, October 30th.
- Wednesday, October 31st - Halloween Parade, 8:30am. (Please have your child come to school dressed for the occasion.) The HMS ghosts, princesses, and other creatures will emerge from their classrooms at 8:30am. Each grade level, beginning with the PreK 3 year olds, will parade around the blacktop two times. At the end of the parade, the children will return to their rooms and change to school attire. If you plan to attend this event, you might consider arriving early to place your chair in the coolest spot. You are also extremely welcome to assist your child in changing back to his/her school clothing after the parade and taking their Halloween costume home.
- Friday, November 2nd - Scholastic Book Orders due.