The Polar Express - slideshow
Children love Christmas, that's for sure! There are so many fun holiday activities to do with the students in class. So far, everyone enjoyed listening or watching videos of Christmas stories, made a gingerbread glyph,painted a Polar Express scene, and tore paper to create Santa. Math games included skip counting with snowmen or reindeer and practiced even/odd numbers with mittens.
Since keiki and Christmas go together like bread and butter, they can be sure there are many more fun things to do at this time of the year!
Skip counting is an important skill the keiki need to learn. This will help them to count a large number of items quickly and to count money. Please encourage them to practice skip counting on a regular basis. Most of them are comfortable skip counting by 5s and 10s, but need to work on the 2s.
Please have your child bring in a 7"x10" piece of Christmas gift wrap (foil or paper) by Thursday, December 12th for an activity. Mahalo.
- Wednesday, December 11 - Library books due
- Thursday, December 12 - Piece of Christmas wrap due
- Friday, December 13th - Ornament for 3rd Grade Buddy due
- Friday, December 13th - December myON Reading assignment and Book Share due
- Wednesday, December 18th - If you wish to share Holiday Goodie Bags, please bring them in by this date. Distribution will be on Thursday, December 19th.
- Friday, December 20th - Winter Program, 9:00 in the Social Hall. Please advise if you plan to sign your child out before the 11:30 dismissal. There will be no Afterschool Care.