The year is going by so quickly! However there is still much to be done by May 22nd. Please continue to refer to our K-1 blog for the latest important information, announcements, and deadlines.
Mahalo nui loa to Daley, Ethan, Sophie, Rae,and Eighla and their families who shared Easter Goodie bags. The children were so excited to receive the yummies and treats.
HMS' Learning Showcase is scheduled for Friday, April 26th. K-1, along with their 7th grade buddies, will present their learning of 'Earth Day, Our Way'. There will be 2 parts to our presentation. One is a play 'An Earth Day Story' which we have started to practice for. Please help your keiki memorize their part(s) by April 1st, so it will be easier for them during our rehearsals.
The second part of our presentation of learning is sharing knowledge about the 3 R's (Reduce, Recycle, and Reuse), Pollution, and Saving our Natural Resources.
The students (K and 7th graders) will be creating a Recyclable Treasure (sculpture) the week of April 8. To prepare for this effort, could you and your child search for recyclable items around your home? Items could include: empty gallon milk containers, CDs, aluminum cans, plastic bottles, newspaper, cardboard, packaging material, etc. Your imagination is encouraged! All items can be brought to school by Friday, April 5th.
FYI....A script for 'Peter Pan' was sent home on Friday. Please keep that script at home so your child can practice their parts. That particular play will be performed to the Kindergarten Ohana on Wednesday, May 22nd. The director will be Mrs. Cari Lee, the Drama teacher.
- Monday, April 1st - Library Books due (Date stamped in your child's Library book should have been April 1st, not April 2nd)
- Monday, April 1st - Please return blue recyclable bags
- Tuesday, April 2nd - Japanese Homework due. (Most of the children received a worksheet so they could practice writing their name)
- Tuesday, April 2nd - Lifestyle photos/payment due.
- Thursday, April 4th - Kualoa Petting Zoo and Kuakini Health Center consent forms/payment due. (Forms to be distributed Monday, April 1st)
- Thursday, April 4th - Buddha Day, 9:00 in the Temple. Please dress your child appropriately for this service.
- Friday, April 5th - Recyclable Treasure items due
- Friday, April 5th - Swim class
Enjoy your Easter...some bunny loves you,