The special 'K' t-shirts were distributed today. Before wearing it, place a thin cloth over the design and iron for about 30-40 seconds to set the design. Turn the t-shirt inside out and repeat the ironing. Make sure your iron is set on the wool/cotton setting, and that you don't use the steam setting (no water).
Our Winter Program will be full of holiday spirit with singing and dancing. Parking is limited at the Social Hall, so you might consider arriving early. All Kindergarten students should wear the teal colored t-shirts with dark shorts/pants/skirts to school.
We'll be celebrating the special occasion by having everyone from the Kindergarten level wear a t-shirt decorated with 100 of their favorite items that are sewn, tied, or hot glued on. You can be as creative as you like, but consider lightweight, small, and non-perishable items. Examples of objects could include sequins, buttons, pom-poms, etc. You could group them in 2's, 5's, or 10's which will help boost their counting skills, randomly, or in any way your child would like.
Our fabulous 100th Day Parade, with all the students wearing their awesome t-shirt creations, will walk through many classrooms on January 22nd for everyone to see!
Dates to remember:
- Tuesday, December 16th - Library books due
- Tuesday, December 16th - December Book Share, myON, and IXL (Category G) assignments due
- Wednesday, December 17th - Holiday Invitation RSVP due
- Wednesday, December 17th - Goodie Bags (optional) due
- Thursday, December 18th - Goodie bags and classwork taken home
- Friday, December 19th - Winter Program beginning at 8:30 in the Social Hall. After the Kindergarteners' performance, everyone will return to class for photos. The Holiday Picture Frame craftivity, followed by our luncheon, will begin at 10:00.
As the Holiday Season approaches, may your home be filled with peace, love, and the laughter of your keiki.
A hui hou,