Five students from K-1 volunteered to participate in a presentation to the HMS board members on Wednesday, March 28th. They were so excited to shared their story about a leprechaun as well as their wee folk artwork. Many thanks to these students and their parents for staying late during a school night.
R.Y., A.Y., M.M., and S.M. were very pleased with this Wordle (Word Cloud) they created. All the words were typed onto the blank canvas themselves.
There are many activities happening over the next few weeks so stay tuned to our blog.
- Tuesday, April 3rd - Honolulu Theater for Youth play 'May Day is Lei Day' from 9-11am. Attire: HMS t-shirt and sport shoes. Swimming is cancelled.
- Tuesday, April 3rd - Please bring in at least one empty metal can (eg. soup can, vegetable can, etc. No soda cans)
- Wednesday, April 4th - Buddha Day Service at the Temple, 9:00am. Please dress your child appropriately.
- Wednesday, April 4th - If you would like to share Easter goodie bags with the class, please bring them in by this date.
- Thursday, April 5th - Field Day at Ala Moana Park. Be in school by 7:45am. Wear the Kindergarten lime green "Sun" t-shirt and sport shoes. Pack a home lunch, drink, and water bottle. A map of the location of our field day will be distributed before Thursday.
- Friday, April 6th - Buddha Day. (Also called Buddha's Birthday) No School
- Monday, April 9th - Dole Plantation Field Trip. Be in school by 7:45am. Attire: HMS t-shirt and sport shoes.