Here's what I enjoyed the most at the Petting Zoo:
E.F. - The guinea pig with the red eyes and tan hair cause it was cute
B.S. - The place where the tree branches grew crooked making it like a tunnel since it looked foresty
E.K. - Feeding the chickens grass
T.N. - Feeding the fish in the pond
L.S. - Petting the two bunnies and one hamster
D.M. - The three chicks cause they were fluffy and soft
R.Y. - Petting the three soft chicks
S.H. - Petting the three chicks because they were soft, big, fat, and fluffy
A.K. - Feeding the fish cause they were splashing
Kualoa Petting Zoo on PhotoPeach
Our special 'K' t-shirt, screen printed by the Kindergarten teachers under the guidance of Mrs. Tamayose, will be distributed on Wednesday, April 24th. Please have your child wear this 'K' t-shirt on: Friday, April 26th (Spring Program) and Friday, May 3rd (All School Field Day).
You may want to iron, using a medium setting for about 3 minutes with a cloth over the 'K' design before you wash the t-shirts, to set the design.
For the Learning Showcase, K-1 students are asked to wear 'school attire' for 'An Earth Day Story' play. Please pack a different set of clothes so they can change after the Spring Program.
Please contact me if you have any questions regarding the Spring Program or Learning Showcase.
Important dates to remember:
- Monday, April 22nd - Honolulu Zoo Learning Trip consent form and payment due
- Monday, April 22nd - Wear your Earth Day t-shirts and celebrate Earth Day!
- Wednesday, April 24th - 'K' t-shirts distributed
- Thursday, April 25th - Book Share due
- Friday, April 26th - Spring Program in the Social Hall and Learning Showcase in K-1 classroom
- Fridays, April 26th and May 3rd - NO swim class
- Tuesday, April 30th - myON Reader assignment due
There is a great need for the introduction of new values in our society, where bigger is not necessarily better, where slower can be faster, and where less can be more.-- Gaylord Nelson
Until next week,