International Dot Day, is a global celebration of creativity, courage, and collaboration. This day was inspired by author/illustrator Peter Reynolds of The Dot, who encourages students to 'make their mark' and see where it takes them. This is an opportunity to help our keiki 'open their eyes to the world of creativity and be brave in whatever they do'.
It has become a special day at HMS and seems to grow a little more every year. Our school will celebrate International Dot Day on Monday, September 16th. All students are encouraged to wear dots, spots, polka dots, and beauty spots! A watercolor dot design activity is planned to encourage them to use their talents and creativity. We want the students to 'make their mark' in new and exciting ways.
- Monday, September 16th - International Dot Day. Come to school dressed with dots!
- Tuesday, September 17th - Peace Day Temple Service at 9:00. Please dress your child appropriately.
- Wednesday, September 18th - Library books due.
- Thursday, September 19th - Aloun Farms Learning Trip Parent Consent Forms and payment due.
- Friday, September 20th - Dance for Peace in the Social Hall, 12:30-1:00. Your child is encouraged to wear comfortable purple clothing for this event as they will be dancing. They will not need to wear the P.E. t-shirt for P.E. class.
- Monday, September 30th - myON reading assignment (minimum of 5 books read) due.