Swimming with Ms. Whitney and Mr. Kimura was a hit on Monday when the keiki enjoyed their first swim lesson together. To make things easier for the swim classes in the future, boys can come dressed in swim shorts and their rash guards or t-shirts before they arrive at school. Please pack a t-shirt and shorts in their swim bag to change into after swim class. Girls may wear their swimsuits under their school attire. Long hair must be pulled back. Sunblock may be applied before school.
Our Learning Showcase will be an exciting event on Friday, March 21st. The Kindergarten classes will present Healthy Teeth and A Healthy Me! This is all about Dental Health and Food & Nutrition. Visit us in K-1 as your child shares their knowledge and answers your questions about these two important topics.
Our showcase will be at: 9:30-9:50 and 10:30-10:50. Classroom doors will open a little earlier (9:15) for your convenience. Mrs. Ellis will be showcasing Music Class with the K-1 students in the Music Room from 10:00-10:20, so you may want to visit them, too.
No Resources classes are planned. But, please note that regular instructional time will be throughout the rest of the day. Early dismissal for all HMS students will be at 11:30. There will no Afterschool or FG classes.
- Monday, March 10th - Training for a Superhero Smile Chart due
- Monday, March 10th - No Religious Education class
- Wednesday, March 12th - Library Books due
- Thursday, March 13th - Spring Higan Services in the Temple. It is a memorial service for our ancestors. Higan means 'the other shore'. The purpose of the Higan service is to send merit of the Lotus Sutra and the Odaimoku to the ancestors' spirits on the other shore of enlightenment. We practice the Buddha's teaching in order to cross the river from this shore of illusions to the other shore of enlightenment by holding the Higan service.
- Please dress your child in appropriate attire. Boys - collared shirts and shorts/pants. Girls - dresses or pants outfits.
- Friday, March 14th - Kualoa Petting Zoo Learning Trip
- Be in school by 7:45am
- We'll leave schoolside at 8:00
- Attire - HMS t-shirt and athletic shoes
- Sunblock and insect repellent rubdown before school
- Home lunchers - Use only disposable containers/bags
- Thursday, March 20th - myON Reader and Book Shares due
- Friday, March 21st - Learning Showcase. 11:30 dismissal