IXL is a web-based Math practice site for students in all grade levels. Questions are administered one at a time, in a fun and interactive environment. Users receive immediate feedback if their answer is correct or incorrect.
The keiki were introduced and have been practicing some of the lessons on the IWB or on the iPads. It is exciting for them as a fast paced activity. They also enjoy the independence of using the audio support button during practice time.
You should have received information about this website, including their usernames and passwords. They can practice their math skills using a computer or the IXL app.
For the month of October they should complete the following skills on the Kindergarten level:
- Numbers and counting up to 3
- Numbers and counting up to 5
- Numbers and counting up to 10
A few reminders:
- Tuesday, October 7th - Library books due
- Thursday, October 9th - Discovery Center Learning Trip. Attire - Grey HMS tshirt and sport shoes. If your child plans to bring home lunch, please place items in a labeled Ziploc bag. All containers and water bottles must be disposable.
- Wednesday, October 8th - Presentation of Learning RSVP due
- Friday, October 10th - Presentation of Learning 8:20-9:20am in K-1. Please bring a knife as you will be cutting an apple.
- Monday, October 13th - Flu Vaccine Forms due
- Monday, October 13th - Fire Fighter's Safety Guide Pledge page due (last page of the Safety Guide)
- Wednesday, October 29th - Book Shares, myON, and IXL assignments due