Please continue to support your keiki as they develop their learning skills. Reading in particular stimulates intellectual development. Listed below are other reasons why they should read.
- Reading expands a child's vocabulary.
- The act of reading works as an exercise to improve reading fluency and comprehension.
- Early reading skills directly relates to a child's future academic success.
- The more you read, the better you are at it.
- It takes you to places you've never been to before, and enhances your imagination!
- Reading teaches you about grammar, sentence structures, and enhances your communication skills.
Dates to remember:
- Wednesday, January 28th - January Book Shares, MyON, and IXL (Categories F [Skip Counting] and S [Geometry]) are due
- Friday, January 30th - Kualoa Petting Zoo Learning Trip. Attire - HMS t-shirt, athletic shoes, and insect repellent rubdown (before school)