Monday, May 23, 2011

A Fantastic Kindergarten Year Part 2

Aloha Parents,

Before you know it, your children will soon become First Graders!!It is hard to believe the year has flown by so quickly.  I'd like to share some final thoughts before we turn the page.
  • Continue to encourage reading and writing throughout the summer. A few tips about this was offered in the hard copy newsletter sent home with their free writes and trimester samples.
  • Mahalo nui loa to all of you who supported K-1 throughout the year. We are especially grateful to Mrs. Nagamine, our Room Parent, who  helped to develop a strong collaborative relationship between K-1 parents and  the school staff at HMS.
  • Through her efforts, she contributed to the richness of the classroom and school experience for all of our  keiki.   She  spent countless hours assisting with field trips and the HMS Fair game. She also provided effective support for me so that I had more time to focus on other aspects of teaching and learning.  Her services were invaluable!!!!
  • Your time was greatly appreciated as you tuned in to our class blog.  K-1 Happy Talk has become an significant  part of enhancing your involvement with your child's learning experiences. You followed the journey as your child  grew academically, socially, and mentally. May you have many more blogging experiences!
  Here are some final thoughts on a Fantastic Kindergarten Year:
I give you back your children, the same children you confidently
entrusted to my care last summer.
I give them back pounds heavier, inches taller, months wiser,
more responsible, and more mature then they were then.
Although they would have attained their growth in spite of me,
it has been my pleasure and privilege to watch their personality
unfold day by day and marvel at this splendid miracle of development.
I give them back reluctantly, for having spent ten months together
in the narrow confines of a classroom,
we have grown close, have become a part of each other,
and we shall always retain a little of each other.
We have lived, loved, laughed, played, studied, learned,
and enriched our lives together this year.
I wish it could go on indefinitely, but give them back I must.
Take care of them, for they are precious.
Remember that I shall always be interested in your children and their destiny, wherever they go, whatever they do, whoever they become.
Their joys and sorrows I will always be happy to share.
 
Wishing everyone the best in the future.  Have a safe and fun-filled summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment