Apples, Apples - slideshow
Aloha kakou Parents,
Mahalo for attending our Presentation of Learning this morning. The students were so excited that you helped them slice the apple, listen to their explanation of the parts of the apple, and its growth throughout the seasons. Not only was it a valuable learning experience but they had lots of fun.
Please remember we are a peanut free school. Per the administration, it is also preferred that other nuts - almonds, walnuts, nut spreads, etc. be eaten at home or off campus. Mahalo.
If you have any of the following, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd need about 16 of each item.
- Metal cans, Campbell Soup size, 10 3/4 oz. size (For a Christmas project)
- Yogurt cups (To hold students' crayons in their tool box)
- Wednesday, October 16th - Aloun Farms Learning Trip
- HMS t-shirt with shorts or pants and covered shoes
- Sunscreen rubdown
- Labeled disposable water bottle
- Students with home lunch - Use disposable containers/bags
- Thursday and Friday, October 17th-18th - Teacher Inservice, no school
- Wednesday, October 23rd - Library books due
- Friday, October 25th - Book Shares due. Please advise when your child is ready to present their book.
- Friday, October 25th - Fire Safety Guides due
- Thursday, October 31st - Halloween Parade and Pizza Luncheon
- Social Hall, 8:30-9:00am
- More information to follow
"Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire." —William Butler Yeats
Have a nice weekend,