We learned that fruits and vegetables come in lots of different colors. We could make a rainbow with all of the beautifully colored fruits and vegetables we discussed. It is good to eat all kinds of fruits and vegetables because they make us healthy.
Celebrated annually on April 22nd, Earth Day is the largest environmental event in the world. Millions of people, including students, participate in Earth Day activities. K-1 keiki will also be learning and celebrating environmental respect, action, and behavior changes that lessens their impact on the Earth. To show support of Earth Day, please wear your HMS Earth Day t-shirt to school, if you purchased one, on Wednesday, April 22nd.
Important dates to remember:
- Tuesday, April 21st - Library books due
- Friday, April 24th - 'Magical Moments from Disney', HMS Spring Program to be held at the Social Hall beginning at 8:30
- Attire: Girls - party dresses. Boys - solid black shirt and dark bottoms
- Wednesday, April 29th - April Book Share, MyOn, and IXL (Categories I. [Addition] and J. [Subtraction])due
- Friday, May 1st - HMS Field Day Consent Forms and payment due Wednesday, April 22nd.
- Attire - Special 'K' teal colored t-shirt with shorts and covered shoes
A hui hou,