Your children are encouraged to read daily through books they have at home. HMS also offers an effective personalized online reading program, myON Reader, so please continue to support your child to improve their reading skills.
All the students enjoy our online 'Mathletics' program which is a fun way to practice and challenge their Math skills. Therefore, additional tasks have been assigned on a more challenging level. Please help your keiki if they some assistance logging in. Due date is Friday, May 11th.
Stories at Sunrise, short skits performed by the Kindergarten classes will be held on Wednesday, May 23rd in the Dojo at 10:00am. K-1's students have been practicing their skit One Fish, Two Fish . Each of them have an important role and are getting quite excited to share their acting talents. Mrs. Cari Lee (Taira), HMS Drama instructor has been generous to allow the students to borrow some costumes from her collection. Therefore, please dress your child as follows:
Red fish - Jacob and Mari - red t-shirt/shorts or skirt
Blue fish - Drew and Kylen - blue t-shirt/shorts or skirt
Yellow fish - Jackson and Sarah - yellow t-shirt/shorts or skirt
Mr. Gump - David - black or gray t-shirt and long pants
Monkeys - Ryden, Aya, and Norika - brown t-shirt/any colored shorts
Wolves - Elon, Matson, and Trip - gray t-shirt/long gray pants
If your child doesn't have the particular color as suggested, s/he can wear a similar color or you can be creative. Any questions? Please contact me.
Dates to remember:
- Tuesday, May 8th - Free Swim for Kindergarten classes from 1-2pm . Your child needs to bring all swimming gear.
- Tuesday, May 8th - PTO meeting beginning in the Cafe at 5:30. Language Ars Fair in the classrooms with informal student Presentation of Learning. Elon and Sarah will represent K-1 to share their Reading and Writing masterpieces to our visitors.
- Wednesday, May 9th - MAPA musical 'We Call Dem Slippahs" parent consent form and payment due.
- Friday, May 11th - Last Library class and all Library books due.
- Friday, May 11th - Mathletics tasks due
Happy Children's Day,