The students had an additional computer class since January where they have worked on Kerpoof and a picture book maker. The following two students wished to share their book with you. Don't you agree their work is outstanding? Click on the link to view it. If that doesn't work, copy and paste the link into the URL bar. Please be patient as it takes a little while to load. The site is a tad finicky so if all else fails, try to view the books at a later time.
Mahalo to Sarah, Drew, Kylen, and Elon for participating in the PTO Language Arts Fair on Tuesday evening. They shared information about their writing pieces to our visitors. They did a fabulous job.
Congratulations to Ryden as his artwork was selected to be featured in the Aloha Care Children's Art Exhibit at Honolulu Hale! His work was exceptional!
The Library is now closed for the year in order that Mrs. Okamura can organize her collection of books. She would appreciate it if all library books are returned as soon as possible.
Practice will continue for our class skit - One Fish, Two Fish. Continue to work with your child so s/he can remember their lines. Would there be 2-3 parents who could assist me with costuming in the classroom about 9:30am that morning?
Tidbits for the week:
- Monday, May 14th - Musubi Making Day. If you would like to share your musubi rice mold for this activity, please have your child bring it to school, labeled with his/her name.
- Tuesday, May 15th - Gotan-e Service (The celebration of Shinran Shonin's Birth) in the Temple. Please dress your child appropriately for this special day.
- Tuesday, May 15th - P.E. will be held in the Gym. Your child can change into their P.E. clothes after the Gotan-e Service.
- Wednesday, May 16th - Awards Assembly
- Wednesday, May 23rd - Stories at Sunrise performed by the Kindergarten students. Location in the Dojo, beginning at 10:00.
"There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it" Chinese Proverb