Students are currently learning about 'Patterns' in Math. They are identifying, copying, extending and creating simple patterns.These concepts have been applied to real life situations. Some activities they've enjoyed are painting patterns using watercolors on their pet style headbands and designing a stripe pattern on dog and cat cards. 'Strike a Pose' was their favorite as they could physically clown around with patterns. They were giggling when 2 students mimicked the clown poses viewed on cards. The rest of the students joined in and extended the AB pattern.
You could ask your child to describe, create, extend, or reproduce patterns they see when you are together. They'll love to show you what they've learned.
|Free digital slideshow customized with Smilebox|
- Monday, September 5th - Labor Day
- Thursday, Friday, September 8th and 9th - Teacher Inservice
- Monday, September 12th- Flu Consent Forms due
- Wednesday, September 14th - HTY play at Tenney Theater. HMS t-shirt should be worn.
- Thursday, September 15th - Picture Taking. Kindly submit envelope with payment on or before September 15th.